Olecranon bursitis is inflammation of a small sac of fluid located on the tip of the elbow. This inflammation can cause many problems in the elbow.
- Inflammation, such as from pressure on the bursa or from inflammatory conditions
- A sudden injury, such as a blow to the elbow, causing bleeding or fluid buildup.
- A direct blow or a fall onto the elbow
- constantly put their elbows on a hard surface
- Difficult to put down the elbow on floor or desk
- Small lumps may be felt
- Pain in elbow movement